Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Nature Notes - the Burr Oak!

Hi Michelle and other Nature Noters! I'm back! What Mother Nature has been up to in my neck of the woods is depositing a wonderful grandson on my doorstep :) This is Donovan!


I have been re-adjusting, but I think I have time to blog again, and I have missed it and all of you!

I take Donovan on long stroller rides every day - weather permitting. And, one of the things that we stumbled across was these big, shaggy acorns! I had never seen anything like them. They were only under a certain tree, so we grabbed one or two every time we went by... We put them in a bowl for a fall display, and googled them. They turned out to be acorns from the Burr Oak!


I have prepared this post so as to participate in the Nature Notes meme over at RamblingWoods.com .

3 comments:

  1. Hi Loredana! I know - I noticed the 'Donovan' thing too - LOL! Nice to be back blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Libby...how precious is he? I know it was a surprise and I am so happy that you have things all worked out. I don't know how you have anytime for blogging, but welcome you back...I am sorry I am late getting around. My Mom passed away last month from cancer and like your last few months mine have been crazy, but not in your happy way. Lots to do with her estate...hugs to you both...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michelle!

    So, so sorry about your mother...

    I wish you could hug Donovan in real life - he is SUCH a good cheerer upper :)

    TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!

    ReplyDelete