Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Nature Notes in June!

Last week I showed you the giant falling limb in Dad's yard. Lest you think it is all disaster over there, this week I bring you a mosaic - my first(!) - I made of things I found around the yard and a bouquet I made.

The robin's egg had a hole on the other side and some yolk. I think that a chick had just never developed and the mother got rid of the egg. My dad found it while mowing.



This post was prepared for Nature Notes hosted by RamblingWoods.com. Click on the link to see this wonderful meme and website!

18 comments:

  1. The nature collage is lovely. Too bad the egg wasn't viable for a robin but it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lois, it was fun mixing and matching photos...

      Delete
  3. That is a beautiful collage.. I don't know what the flowers are but they are beautiful all the same...Oh poor robin's egg..They are such a pretty color and you wonder what happened..but you made a very good guess at what could have happened...Happy Nature Notes Libby...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the baby just never developed; so it did not die or anything. I love that shade of blue too!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful collage! I love lilies with strong orange color! Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parent's have lilies in this great shade a deep red with a bit of orange to it. I really like them too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Lovely nature mosaic. It is sad about the pretty Robin's egg. Your flowers are gorgeous. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful mosaic, well done!
    the egg is an amazing color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Robin's egg blue is my fave color :)

      Delete
  7. wow! I didn't know robin-eggs were blue in color! That collage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...they are blue - I love that shade of blue too! Thanks for coming by and commenting!

      Delete
  8. Yea - it was strange. Just a peck hole and yolk on the other side(?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely summery collage to admire on this wintry morning...

    ReplyDelete